At Habit Rehabilitation we have a team of trained therapists who will assess your needs, liaise with the funders or other agencies on supports needed, order equipment and provide rehabilitation in your home or workplace. We will work together with any other teams involved in your rehabilitation, including care providers, vocational therapists, pain specialists, your GP, surgeons, work staff or other specialists.
Our team consists of specialised paediatric and adult neuro-physiotherapists, musculoskeletal physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech-language therapists, psychologists, dietitians, social workers, registered nurses, neuropsychologists and medical specialists.
ACC Funded Assessments: (IRA/SDA/SNA/EBRA)
If you need assistance following an injury, your case owner will ask us to visit you and discuss your needs. We will advise your case owner of necessary support which could include:
- Assistance with personal care
- Assistance with domestic tasks
- Assistance with child care
- Assistance with transport
- Other medical support
If equipment is required, we will order it or arrange a trial to ensure it meets your needs.
Rehabilitation in your Home (Training for Independence)
Rehabilitation will be provided by the team in your home and local community, and can include:
- Restoring function
- Improving quality of life
- Educating client, family/whanau and carers on management of the injury
- Integrating the client back into work, community activities and leisure activities
- Improving independence with personal cares and domestic tasks
- Increasing mobility and lower limb function
- Increasing upper limb and hand function
- Optimal nutrition and diet
- Managing fatigue
- Reducing dizziness
- Improving speech, language and communication in children and adults
- Managing swallowing difficulties
- Improving cognition
- Facilitating access to WINZ, Housing New Zealand
- Trauma counselling and therapy
- Preventing complications from the injury
- Managing continence issues
- Assessment in the school (EBRA) to determine and review education supports required, e.g. teacher aide hours
Our Dietitians can work with you, your colleagues and whanau to help you keep fit and healthy. You'll have access to practical and tailored advice on areas such as:
- Enteral feeding
- Weight management
- Specialised diets
- Bowel issues
- Eating for general wellbeing
Private Referral for Adults
If your need is not covered by ACC (for example, rest homes or medical conditions), but you'd still like support, we also provide services such as:
- Assessment of communication and swallowing difficulties
- Strategies and training for staff and family working with the client
- Devise care plans on safe eating, drinking and best practice for oral hygiene
- Complete onward referrals as necessary
- Provide/order necessary equipment
- Falls risk assessment and falls prevention programmes
The aim of the service is to provide early access, timely assessment and treatment for adults and children after a mild head injury.
If you or a family member are having difficulty getting around your home due to injury, your case owner may ask an Occupational Therapist to visit and provide recommendations.
Suffer from pain in your foot, hip, knee or back? You could have poor foot function and alignment. See us for an orthotics consult, including a scan, and we will find out whether you need orthotics in your shoes.