Back to Work Programmes
Habit Rehabilitation can assist you to gain the required work skills, and to achieve physical capacity to return to sustainable paid employment after injury.
Our ACC Vocational Service utilises an enthusiastic, coordinated multidisciplinary team approach to plan and implement an individualised programme for every client - to walk alongside you, to empower, support and encourage you to achieve the end goal of vocational independence.
You can expect to be well supported at every stage of your rehabilitation by a range of professionals including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Vocational Consultants, Psychologists and Vocational Course Training Providers.
You will have a specific Lead Provider who is appointed to coordinate the service, who you can contact regarding any questions or concerns you may have at any stage.
What can you expect from us?
An Initial Assessment with a Vocational Consultant to assess the components and expected outcomes of the programme. We encourage your input and perspective - your success is our success. We will work with you, acknowledging your physical rehabilitation needs, skills and strengths, emotional challenges, circumstances and cultural context. Our practitioners take a holistic and positive approach to overcoming any barriers along the way.
A Vocational Rehabilitation Programme may include the following:
- Physiotherapy gym-based programmes including targeted fitness and strengthening for work tasks, and education on maintaining fitness and stamina for work.
- Workplace Assessments by a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist in cooperation with your employer.
- Pre-Employment Training - Analysis of your transferable skills for alternative work types, curriculum vitae preparation, cover letter writing, job search strategies, job interview skills, analysis of the local labour market, goal setting, and the use of digital technologies to maximise employment opportunities.
- Job Brokerage Services - Liaison with potential employers in the local labour market, working with you to identify suitable job roles, assistance with all stages of the application and interview process, follow up support once you have commenced work.
- Vocational Training Courses – Coordination of referrals for specific vocational training to maximise your skills for work including computer skills, sales skills, customer service, stock and inventory management, business development and planning, management courses, and driver licensing.