Occupational Health Nurse - Dunedin
OK Health is regarded as a dynamic, progressive and innovative company that has brought occupational health services into the 21st century. OKH is a unique provider who tailors its services to meet customer requirements by developing robust systems to ensure the right service for each client.
About the role
Occupational Health Nursing is an exciting and growing area of expertise and gives nurses the opportunity to work with people at ground level providing health education and support to many people who may otherwise not access health care. We are looking for Registered Nurses with an interest or experience in Occupational Health Nursing.
This is a part-time role, working 20 hours a week.
In this field of work, you will be able to have the opportunity to:
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience work environments that you may never otherwise see
- Provide a number of different services, including pre-employment medicals, drug testing, health monitoring, well health checks, vaccinations, workplace assessments and blood tests
- Make a real difference to people on a day to day basis
- The relevant tertiary qualification (BHSc Nursing)
- Current registration with NZ Nursing Council or ability to apply for this
- A full NZ Driver's Licence and car is required
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
No previous occupational health nursing experience is required, as we will give you full training and ongoing support.
You will be working with a great team of nurses both in Dunedin and within our wider National team. We provide a range of staff benefits, including:
- Annual study funding, and paid study leave
- Wellbeing initiatives: flu vaccinations, eye exams, access to EAP services etc.
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Mobile phone and laptop provided!
This role will be closing on Friday 2 August 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.