Psychologist - New Plymouth
The Habit network began in 2003 as a single health, fitness and rehabilitation centre in central Wellington’s Johnston Street. A market leader at the time, Habit delivered a premium gym solution with integrated Physiotherapy, Nutrition and Personal Training. This naturally led to other services to provide a wrap around care model, including Psychology and Occupational Therapy.
This unique approach is one of the reasons why Habit facilities have won multiple industry awards since their inception. Habit Group is one of the largest providers of rehabilitation services in New Zealand across several disciplines.
About the role
You would be working with clients who experience psychological difficulties as a result of various injuries including orthopaedic and spinal injuries, concussion, chronic pain or other chronic conditions or those resulting from medical complications.
- Carry out thorough professional assessments and make recommendations with sound clinical reasoning
- Use standardised assessments and outcome measures as appropriate
- Provide written and verbal summaries of assessments, with clear treatment goals and rationales
- Provide evidence-based treatment
- Collaborate with other members of the MDT
- Assist in development of resources and training packages related to services delivered
You will have:
- MA/PG Dip/DClin or similar qualification
- Registration as a Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist with the New Zealand Psychologists’ Board and have a current APC
- Membership of Professional Body (New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists or New Zealand Psychological Society)
- Experience working with clients who have sustained physical injuries will be an advantage
- Strong report writing ability
Benefits of working for us
- Interesting and varied clinical work
- Opportunity to develop clinical skills in rehabilitation
- Clinical supervision will be provided
- Generous remuneration and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) allowance
- Opportunity to work within MDT
- Work/life balance and flexibility
Enquiries are invited from local and overseas trained Psychologists who are New Zealand registered and can be registered with ACC. A clean driver's license is essential.
If you'd like to apply for this role, please send through your CV and cover letter to HR@Habit.co.nz.